Otero County Colorado Photo Gallery #3
This section contains photographs of early Otero County focusing on historic buildings and gatherings.
Downtown La Junta ca. 1940s. This view is from 4th and Colorado looking north. The building on the immediate left is the Post Office.
Business district of La Junta around the turn of the 20th century.
Birdseye view of downtown La Junta. This early photo was taken from the top of the old Columbia School house.
Original La Junta High School located on San Juan Ave. between 8th and 9th Streets.
The Mennonite Sanitarium outside Swink. In operation from 1905 - 1950 and operated by the Health and Welfare Department of the Mennonite Board of Missions.
View of the Plaza Park in downtown La Junta, ca. 1908.