Otero County Colorado Photo Gallery #1

This section contains photographs of early Otero County focusing on historic buildings and gatherings.

Second Street looking east in downtown La Junta, ca. 1920s.

A busy day in early downtown La Junta. A circus parade has come to town.

Birdseye view of downtown La Junta. This early photo was taken from the top of the old Columbia School house.

La Junta City Hospital ca. 1915. This building was built about 1902 and was located on 9th Street between Belleview Ave. and Carson Ave.

Original Otero County Court House ca. 1903. This view is looking south from the rear towards 3rd Street. Construction on this building began in 1897 and completed in 1902. The Court House was demolished in 1958 to make room for the present Court House.

Another view of the Otero County Court House. Construction on this building began in 1897 and completed in 1902. The Court House was demolished in 1958 to make room for the present Court House.